Large groups will be split into smaller teams so that you can get the most out of your workshop and our experts. Then you’ll come together to consolidate your learning. Ask them anything!
INK Global. A renowned world leader in travel media and an incredibly creative bunch!
As a global company with many clients, they came to us needing some professional video production advice so that they could create and produce some simple content for their clients which would resonate with their diverse target audiences.
We have the studio space to provide hands-on experience of a typical shooting day for a big group of creative marketers.
We have the in-house team of industry professionals to provide expert advice and guidance on all aspects of the typical production process.
We also have the production equipment to help the team become familiar with what they need to know in the future.
The solution was simple. We broke down the entire production process and formed a comprehensive training course which covered the basics on each stage. This provided a better idea of what is involved in video production, ready for INK Global to utilise during the practical activities we set up.
They came to us looking for professional advice on how to commission video content for their global marketing campaigns and those of their clients; and to get familiar with the entire video production process so that they could get better results for both their clients and themselves.
They needed guidance on how to write effective treatments and briefs so that they can start – and continue- to get the business videos they need.
Our resident Director of Photography and 360 Degree video expert shows his group how to set up and use some professional production equipment.
During the Workshop: Production Topics Covered
- Video Production overview – the who, the what, the why… and some film grammar.
Pre-Production: planning your content
- What is a brief? What is a treatment?
- Brainstorming content ideas
- How to write a brief and treatment which effectively communicates your messages with your audience.
- The Do’s and the Don’t’s
Production: bringing your concepts to life
- Familiarising your team with professional production equipment
- Learning how to set up equipment, team roles and how they fit together
Post-Production: the editing process
- A basic how to and best practices
- Top tips from the professionals
- Your team walks away with their own concepts for future marketing videos
- Your team understand what is involved to get them produced using:
– In-house resources for the simple videos
– Expert production teams for the more complex ideas.
- Inspiration – the fear factor is taken away and ideas can now flourish
Our video editing genius, Gio. Here he is teaching his group some editing skills.
The End Result
We made sure the whole day was tailored to suit INK Global based on their business and clients, their market and their needs. Here’s what they gained:
- Advice on how to tailor their content to suit their individual client needs
- Great interactive team bonding and a more synchronised, streamlined and efficient approach to creating video content.
- Professional advice and insider tips from industry experts
- Hand-ons, practical experience with professional production equipment
- A solid treatment for their first marketing video as well as a few more practice ones for subsequent video content.
- Free sweets!
- Most importantly, they all enjoyed themselves, but don’t just take our word for it…
Here’s what the Client had to say:
“Just wanted to say a massive thank you for hosting us yesterday. Everyone came away buzzing. I really liked the pace and tone, there was a lot to take in but somehow it felt like fun rather than training, which was exactly what I was hoping for. You guys were great – super clear and got everyone involved in the right way. Brilliantly done, so thanks for that!”
– Kerstin Zumstein
Editorial Director, INK Global
The groups come together to discuss what they have learnt, and to present and compare their individual groups’ video treatments. They loved their ideas so much, they have commissioned their first marketing video!