Camberwell Studios seeks a talented professional to take over the studio management with a two-to-three-year view to becoming Managing Director. This is an all-encompassing and demanding hands-on role including responsibility to evolve the business to meet future market demands.
Roles and Responsibilities to include
- Customer Bookings – making sure everything on the day is perfect
- Sales – turning enquiries into bookings
- Managing Kit and Crew Requirements – inhouse, freelancers and trusted suppliers
- Managing Staff – to guide, to provide seven days a week opening hours o Health & Safety – covering all aspects, e.g., First Aid, Fire Safety, Electrics
Gross Profit & Loss Margin Accountability
- Specific elements of overhead generating a profit target: from cost of sales to staff costs and office expenses.
- Administration – applying and developing day-to-day operational procedures
- Operations support – preventative maintenance, what can be made better.
- Keeping up to speed with industry trends and what is relevant to Camberwell Studios
- Supporting the marketing effort.
This is a busy job. You will …
- Naturally be organised, practical and prompt.
- Be a leader by example, who can see above the melee and make good decisions.
- Have a minimum 10 years’ experience in the Film/TV gained at the sharp end of
- production and including management responsibility.
- Able to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- Be great on the telephone and with customers
- Be constantly curious
This really is a busy and demanding job. There is a lot to do, often requiring an early start and/or a late finish. The studios can be open 6-7 days a week. There is a team to support you. At the outset you will work directly with the Managing Director to learn the business in all regards. You will play the key role in recruiting a full-time Studio Assistant. You will become the face of the business.
Remuneration and Benefits
- The expected remuneration package, including bonus should be in the range £60k – £70k, dependent on experience and performance.
- By Year 3 and beyond, Salary, Bonus plus Profit Share has potential to exceed £100,000 p.a.
- 25 days holiday + Public Bank Holidays
About Camberwell Studios
Since our first client on Valentine’s Day 2009, Camberwell Studios is now established in the London/UK film industry with a proven business model. Our clients predominantly come from the film and corporate video production marketplaces. We also regularly deal with agencies and independents, from the UK and oversees.
Since covid the business has developed into the live streaming marketplace. Turnover has doubled in the last three years. The immediate future is foreseen as more of the same and developing into greenscreen virtual production. We know what we are good at and can see the next few years ahead
How to apply:
Please put your name in the subject line and send covering email and supporting attachments to email@example.com
We will only respond to applications sent to this address.